From Jason Brown <jasedbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing 2-phase compaction question
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:28:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on 4180 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4180),
and I need a little help.

In the ticket. we're removing the rest of the row header (size in bytes and
column count) after the row index was moved out (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2319). Row BF is being
removed in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4885).

I'm not sure I'm digging too deep of a hole as I'm diving into it as it
seems like row de/serialization knowledge is spread across a lot of the
code base. Starting with LazilyCompactedRow as a point of departure (from
the ticket),  I'm finding myself modifying row serialization stuff
in ColumnFamilySerializer, RowIndexEntry, SSTableReader/Writer,
SimpleSliceReader, and others.

I'd just like to confirm that this seems reasonable and that I haven't gone
off the deep end (completely probable, of course).

Thanks for your help,

-Jason Brown