From David Hawthorne <dha...@gmx.3crowd.com>
Subject can we get compaction events in tpstats?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:55:32 GMT
In trying to figure out what my cluster is doing, one of the common questions I'm asking is
"how many compactions is it doing?"  But I noticed there's no obvious compaction counter in
the tpstats output.  Is there a counter in there that directly correlates to the number of
compactions done?  If not, can you add one?  Alternately, compactionstats would be more useful
if it included that counter instead of just showing the currently running compactions.  Usually
when I go to look at it, the compaction is already done so all I get is a big 0.  My ops team
wants to be able to keep track of and graph things like this so they can quickly understand
what's going on if there's a problem with the cluster.

Thanks!