From Sam Overton <...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: Update: Cassandra Virtual Nodes
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:44:39 GMT
On 27 June 2012 01:45, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've started commenting on the issues, but to take a higher level
> view, I'd say that it looks a lot more tractable than I thought at
> first, and props to you and Eric for pushing through with it.

Thanks!

> Besides the four (five including 3881) posted so far, I think 4123
> needs to be on the critical path for 1.2; otherwise, you have an
> excellent chance of seriously reducing durability by deploying vnodes.

Yes, I started on a replication strategy for 4123 which included DF
and found that it required a lot more code changes than I had
anticipated, so set it aside. This is something we can revisit now
that the rest of the patches are there. I intend to write up some of
my observations from the first time around.

> In the meantime, 3881 can clearly be committed on its own.  I'd be
> most comfortable committing 4121, 4122, 4125, 4127, 4123 as a group.
> From what I've seen, review should proceed fairly quickly, so
> hopefully floating the earlier ones a bit longer won't add much pain.

Agreed, that makes sense.

--
Sam Overton
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu