From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Quick question on ColumnFamilyStore removeDeleted (related to CASSANDRA-4299)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 00:24:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused on the ColumnFamilyStore 'remove deleted' methods and
have a question.

I see this in many callers:

    TODO: this is necessary because when we collate supercolumns
    together, we don't check their subcolumns for relevance, so we need
    to do a second prune post facto here.
    return cf.isSuper() ? removeDeleted(cf, gcBefore) :
    removeDeletedCF(cf, gcBefore);

removeDeleted actually filters out columns and removeDeletedCF doesn't.
Because "normal" column families only call removeDeletedCF is it assumed
that deleted and expired columns have already been filtered out? Is that
what QueryFilter's isRelevant accomplishes?

Thanks,
Kirk