From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: Cassandra and harddrives
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 22:34:14 GMT
Questions like this should be directed to the user mailing list
(; This mailing list is for discussion of
development *of* Cassandra.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Benny Rönnhager
<> wrote:
> I am building a database with several hundred thousands of images. I have just learned
that HaProxy is a very good fronted to a couple of Cassandra nodes. I understand how that
works but…
> Must every single node (mac mini) have it's own external harddrive with the same data
(images) or can I just use one hard drive that can be accessed by all nodes?
> What is the recommended way to do this?

You can't share storage like this, no; Each Cassandra node will need it's own

Eric Evans
Acunu | | @acunu

View raw message