From Matthias Pfau <p...@l3s.de>
Subject Re: Inconsistent dependencies
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:15:21 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

On 04/25/2012 10:53 AM, Sylvain Lebresne wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Stephen Connolly
>> I'd be interested in seeing what reaction you get to this... I suggested it
>> a while back, but got nowhere
>
> I think the discussion on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-850 is relevant.
> My understanding is that is isn't clear how to retrieve licenses and
> keep the NOTICE file up to date automatically *and* reliably.
> But note that I'm very much not an expert on what it is *exactly* we
> have to do to met the Apache foundation requirements, nor have I given
> much though to how to solve that issue.

I have read CASSANDRA-850 but have problems to understand why it is not
possible to automate this stuff.

Would it be possible to embed a small script (like the
eclipse-project-libs) into the build.xml which
1. downloads all license files via their pom references
2. generates a NOTICE file based on this information.

Kind regards
Matthias