From Benny Rönnhager <benny.ronnha...@thrutherockies.com>
Subject Cassandra and Round Robin
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:36:58 GMT
I think Cassandra is a very interesting database but there a re a couple of things I don't
understand.

My plan is to have several Mac minis with one Cassandra node on each Mac mini. If one of my
Mac minis will fail I want others to take over. Several nodes will also help me to load balance.
I think that is exactly what Cassandra is built to do but…

What do you guys suggest in front of Cassandra? Round-Robin or something else? I know that
DynDNS have Round Robin in their Dynect platform but it's very expensive. I need a cheaper
way.