From Adam Haney <adam.ha...@retickr.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra and Round Robin
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:41:29 GMT
We use HaProxy on Ubuntu your mileage might vary on OS X.

On Apr 10, 2012, at 16:37, "Benny Rönnhager"
<benny.ronnhager@thrutherockies.com> wrote:

> I think Cassandra is a very interesting database but there a re a couple of things I
don't understand.

> My plan is to have several Mac minis with one Cassandra node on each Mac mini. If one
of my Mac minis will fail I want others to take over. Several nodes will also help me to load
balance. I think that is exactly what Cassandra is built to do but…

> What do you guys suggest in front of Cassandra? Round-Robin or something else? I know
that DynDNS have Round Robin in their Dynect platform but it's very expensive. I need a cheaper
way.