From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Cassandra Virtual Nodes
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:49:49 GMT
> Software wise it is the same deal. Each node streams off only disk 4
> to the new node.

I think an implication on software is that if you want to make
specific selections of partitions to move, you are effectively
incompatible with deterministically generating the mapping of
partition to responsible node. I.e., it probably means the vnode
information must be kept as state. It is probably difficult to
reconcile with balancing solutions like consistent hashing/crush/etc.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)