From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Cassandra Virtual Nodes
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:55:50 GMT
> No I don't think you did, in fact, depending on the size of your SSTable a
> contiguous range (or the entire SSTable) may or may not be affected by a
> cleanup/move or any type of topology change. There is lots of room for
> optimization here. After loading the indexes we actually know start/end
> range for an SSTable so we can include/exclude it in any such operation.

Just note that unless there is some correlation between range and
these sstables being created to begin with (like with leveled), you're
highly unlikely to be able to optimize here. For uniformly distributed
tokens (hashed keys), all sstables are likely to have almost the
entire possible token range in them.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)