From Ben Coverston <ben.covers...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Cassandra Virtual Nodes
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:17:43 GMT
> The SSTable indices should still be scanned for size tiered compaction.
> Do I miss anything here?

No I don't think you did, in fact, depending on the size of your SSTable a
contiguous range (or the entire SSTable) may or may not be affected by a
cleanup/move or any type of topology change. There is lots of room for
optimization here. After loading the indexes we actually know start/end
range for an SSTable so we can include/exclude it in any such operation.

--
Ben Coverston
DataStax -- The Apache Cassandra Company