From Vijay <vijay2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Cassandra Virtual Nodes
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 04:35:17 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Eric Evans <eevans@acunu.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing you're referring to Rick's proposal about ranges per node?

May be, what i mean is little more simple than that... We can consider
every node having a multiple conservative ranges and moving those ranges
for bootstrap etc, instead of finding the mid point etc in the bootstrap
code. Once we get that working all the way to the FS/Streaming then we can
move those ranges and assign those ranges to nodes in random orders. Hope
it makes sense.