From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.1.0-beta1
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:36:28 GMT
The 1.1.0 freeze has been going on for more than 2 weeks now, with not that
many big issues so far. I think it is time to release a (first) beta to
hopefully get some wider testing. Note that we still have a few tickets opened
(and I get 2 unit tests failures, but they seem more related to tests than
anything else) but keep in mind that this is a beta and the goal is to make
testing easier. I thus propose the following artifacts for release as
1.1.0-beta1.

sha1: 271630d585a6f260cead493bca2fb7a1a6f8ea41
Git: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.1.0-beta1-tentative
Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-011/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.1.0-beta1/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-011/

The artifacts as well as the debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/XhPHr (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/e5bjy (NEWS.txt)