From Waqar Azeem <waqar.az...@itcompletes.com>
Subject Forum and it threads
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:14:10 GMT
Hi,

'threads' are nested in a 'forum', therefore, I decided to create a
column-family 'thread' with a column named 'parent'.

Is this idea matched with Cassandra philosophy? Because I feel that
extracting the data recursively is computational hungry for a site like
reddit.com.

Therefore one idea is to put the complete data in a JSON and store it in a
single column. I hope the retrieval would be fast but the only glitch is;
writing/inserting the data back to the Cassandra. Would it be time
consuming?

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Waqar Azeem