From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: major version release schedule
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:29:34 GMT

> Nobody's forcing you to upgrade.  If you want twice as much time
> between upgrading, just wait for 1.2.
Currently 1.0 branch is still less stable then 0.8, i still get OOM on
some nodes. Adding 1.1 feature set on top will make it less stable.
> It's also worth noting that waiting for 2x as many features for freeze
> will result in MORE than 2x as much complexity for tracking down
> regressions.
Then make releases from 2 branches - stable and dev. Its common practice
used in lot of software projects.

>  I really don't see why anyone would feel forced to upgrade just because a new version
is available.
you will get less likely bugfixes if new branch comes out. Also client libraries needs some
time to catch release.