From Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jor...@morningstar.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 freeze approaching
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:56:12 GMT
Unless you need the new features, you don't need to upgrade.  And the current version won't
stop getting updates.  As mentioned in the thread where the project moved to a 4 month major
version cycle, smaller changes between major versions means they will be more stable.  Even
with the smaller cycle it takes a bit to get all the kinks out of new features (see all the
1.0.X releases), if the release cycle is longer, you have even longer to wait, like you did
with 0.7 where it took 5-6 months, for the new release to really be stable.

-Jeremiah

On Dec 20, 2011, at 12:45 AM, Radim Kolar wrote:

>> Just a reminder that for us to meet our four-month major release
>> schedule (i.e., 1.1 = Feb 18),
> can you make release cycle slower? its better to have more new features and do major
upgrades less often. it saves time needed for testing and migrations.