From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@yahoo.com>
Subject CQL, Hive and Lucene
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 06:59:43 GMT
Hi,

I was looking into CQL, Hive over Cassandra and secondary index via lucene. Wondering why
we need all these. If CQL is going to be query interface for all cassandra specific queries,
why it is required to have Hive support( Just for running M/R jobs)?

Secondary index support via Lucene : How much scalable is this? And how it is going to be
different from current secondary index support provided by Cassandra(0.7.x onwards).
I understand that still search within super columns is not possible in Cassandra. I did implement
the same in Kundera via LUCENE only.

Apart from this, any new release of lucene and hive will need a migration. Shouldn't we develop
these stuff out of cassandra?

Sincerely,
Vivek