From Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: How is Cassandra being used?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:28:24 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Brian O'Neill <bone@alumni.brown.edu> wrote:
>> Maybe a good old fashioned web form that allows companies to submit their
>> usage scenarios might accomplish the same goal?
>
> I suppose we could dump the information to a file somewhere as a
> fallback way to submit, but I wouldn't want to make that the only
> option -- too much effort raises the bar to where most people won't
> bother. :)

How much value do you think there is from a subset sent from a
self-selecting group?  Would this still be useful?  How would you
interpret the results; What would it say about the users who sent in
data versus those that didn't?

I guess an equally valid question is, how many users are we willing to
scare off (opt-in or opt-out) before its not worth it?

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu