From Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.3
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 07:34:07 GMT
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com> wrote:
> I know we're releasing like crazy these days, but CASSANDRA-3446 and
> CASSANDRA-3482 are pretty bad and warrant a release. And then there stuffs
> like CASSANDRA-3481 and a few other improvements that makes it even more worth
> it.
>
> SVN: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0@1201039
> Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-177/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.3/
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-177/
>
> The artifacts as well as the debian package are also available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

Since this appears to be the first release that distributes the new
cqlsh, let me first say, it's pretty kick-ass.  I'm a fan.

That said, I have to ask, am I the only one that finds the
distribution of it a little strange?  By that I mean that it's
distributed with Cassandra and not the Python driver (which is needed
to run it).

I realize that there is an implicit checklist somewhere with a box
that says "comes with an interactive client", but if this succeeds in
ticking that box then it seems like a technicality.

+1 otherwise.

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu