From "Brian O'Neill" <b...@alumni.brown.edu>
Subject AOP for SOLR Integration with Cassandra
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 20:57:24 GMT
I just sent an email out over the users list.

Over a couple nights this week, I added SOLR integration into Virgil.
(Virgil is that REST layer that we've been building out over in Apache
Extras)

I just wanted to through an idea out to the dev list...
I plan to migrate the current implementation in Virgil to use AOP.  That
will provide a good separation of concerns between Cassandra Storage and
the SOLR indexing.  Doing it with AOP will also allow us to move it into
the main codebase if/when we want to.  We would simply move the AOP to
surround CassandraServer. (or lower... even down into Storage)

Let me know if you think that is worth exploring further.

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)