From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: How is Cassandra being used?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:27:34 GMT
Dne 16.11.2011 23:58, Bill napsal(a):
> We'll turn this off, and would possibly patch it out of the code.
> That's not to say it wouldn't be useful to others.
we patch out of code spyware in ehcache and quartz too. This is only way
to be sure that it will not be enabled by configuration mistake.

We had similar stuff in our software (just version check) and had to
remove it after 14 days of customer complains. As correctly stated in
comments - you will get results from self selecting group and this group
will not include most important deployments running cassandra in
production.

There is zero benefit for company allowing cassandra to spy how many
nodes, data, rows and CF they have and its bad idea to implement spyware
into application used for working with sensitive data.