From Jonas Borgström <jo...@borgstrom.se>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.3
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:35:13 GMT
On 2011-11-14 10:46 , Radim Kolar wrote:
>> -1. fix for (CASSANDRA-3466) is included (no exception this time) but
>> hints are not delivered to other node:
> anybody tested this? Did included fix worked for you?

Yes, I'm the one who created CASSANDRA-3466 and I can no longer
reproduce any of the issues I had with 1.0.2. So

+1 non-binding

I'm not sure why hints are not working for you. You might have hit some
other issue. Some suggestions:

1. Verify that HintsColumnFamily actually contains some data with
cassandra-cli and "list HintsColumnFamily"

2. Try restarting the node containing the hints to check if that gets
your hints delivered (gossip state related issue?).

3. Try stopping the node and remove your existing HintsColumnFamily
sstables and generate some new hints. That might help if they contain
some invalid state due to CASSANDRA-3466.

/ Jonas