From Rick Shaw <wfs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How is Cassandra being used?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:26:27 GMT
Yes of course. But then an alarm would sound, emails to management would be sent,  and the
violator of the corporate policy would be hunted down and dealt with accordingly...

The point is that the responsible parties are expected to NOT do such things in the first
place. I expect many shops are quite a bit less concerned with such things but I expect the
larger and more exposed companies will just not want to opt in, and may need to prove to their
betters that it is not only not enabled but the code has been actively removed or disabled.

I'm not trying to be a buzz-kill; I am  adding a parochial perspective.

r.

On Nov 15, 2011, at 11:09 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Rick Shaw <wfshaw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Speaking from the perspective of a large corporation with many and varied privacy
and IP protection requirements it will be totally impossible to send ANY kind of data into
the public network from a production Data Center.