From Arsene Lee <arsene....@ruckuswireless.com>
Subject Using Cli to create a column family with column name metadata question
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:19:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Column Family's metadata to do some validation. I found out that in Cassandra's
CLI CliClient.java code when trying to create a column family with column name metadata. It
is based on CF's comparator type to convert the name String to ByteBuffer. I'm wondering if
there is any particular reason for this? For the column name metadata shouldn't it be easier
just to all use UTF8Type. Because if CF's comparator is other than UTF8Type, it is hard to
convert the column name back.

Regards,

Arsene Lee