From Sylvain Lebresne <>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-beta1
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:56:53 GMT
It's been a week since the freeze and we don't have too many open tickets for
1.0.0. It seems like a good time to get the first beta out. Note that this is
not a release candidate yet, so the goal is more to get some wider testing, to
get bugs found sooner than later. There is a few tickets open that will need
to be fixed (CASSANDRA-3203 is one), but nothing that sound like a deal
breaker as far as testing is concerned.

I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.0-beta1

Staging repository:

The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:

Because the 1.0.0 branch has had fair testing from at least a few of us since
the freeze and because we need to get things moving if we want to have a
chance to met our original October 8th release date, I propose a shorter 24h
vote (longer if needed).

[1]: (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: (NEWS.txt)

View raw message