From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: set rpc_timeout_in_ms via jmx?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:56:59 GMT
On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Jeremy Hanna
<jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see a way in DatabaseDescriptor to set the rpc_timeout_in_ms via jmx.
>
> It doesn't seem possible right now.
>
> Is there any reason why that couldn't be set via jmx?  It seems like a rolling restart
to update that is pretty heavy.  It would be nice to set it in the yaml and set it via jmx
so it wouldn't require restart to take effect immediately.

> Jeremy
>
> btw I'm trying to do that with my analytics nodes - hadoop jobs fail when cycling a single
cassandra node - might be 2388 I guess.

There's no way to do this currently, but we'd be interested in having
it. Ideally, the timeout would be configurable per request so that
mixed workloads can have different timeouts.

-ryan