From Joseph Stein <>
Subject thrift generated java changes
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:40:20 GMT
So I am working on

And when I generate the cassandra.thrift file I am getting weird results and

Should I be modifying the by hand?

I am using thrift 0.5.0 and doing

thrift -gen java cassandra.thrift from the command line

some of the issues (as an example)

-    tmpMap.put(_Fields.VALUE, new
-        new
+    Map<_Fields, FieldMetaData> tmpMap = new EnumMap<_Fields,
+    tmpMap.put(_Fields.NAME, new FieldMetaData("name",

   public CounterColumn setName(byte[] name) {
-    setName(name == null ? (ByteBuffer)null : ByteBuffer.wrap(name));
+    setName(ByteBuffer.wrap(name));
     return this;

-  /** Returns true if field name is set (has been assigned a value) and
false otherwise */
+  /** Returns true if field name is set (has been asigned a value) and
false otherwise */

this last ones makes me suspect I am using the wrong thrift version and
maybe not the right commands? me to what I did
but if there is something different or wrong with
what I am doing please let me know and I can update the wiki and get back on

and all I did to the cassandra.thrift was:

-    2: required i64 value
+   2: optional i64 value,
+   3: optional double operand

Joe Stein