From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject moin wiki: ACLs give us no more textchas and re-enable images
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:45:56 GMT
I asked in #asfinfra whether images could be added now that there are pretty obscure questions
for the wiki textcha questions.  Their response: no.  It would require another level of security.

So they suggested ACLs as described in http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm

Basically the trade-off is, if we add ACLs such that we can easily add new contributors really
easily, we can ditch the textchas and re-enable images on the cassandra wiki.

Is that people are willing to trade-off?  Details on how that is managed is in the link above.

I realize that this is philosophically contrary to what a wiki really is - editable by anyone.
 However they're concerned with spam and have to do something to avoid it.

If we want to do that, it would just be an ASFInfra jira ticket and it's a pretty quick setup.

Jeremy