From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: set rpc_timeout_in_ms via jmx?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:08:20 GMT
Thanks Ryan.

We talked about this idea in the dev channel the other day and Brandon and Ed thought it sounded
good too.  I've created a short-term jmx related ticket but seems like longer term we could
have a default and max defined in the yaml, but allow the rpc timeout to be set per call as
an option as well.  Do you want to create that ticket?

jmx related ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2940

On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:56 AM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Jeremy Hanna
> <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't see a way in DatabaseDescriptor to set the rpc_timeout_in_ms via jmx.
>>
>> It doesn't seem possible right now.
>>
>> Is there any reason why that couldn't be set via jmx?  It seems like a rolling restart
to update that is pretty heavy.  It would be nice to set it in the yaml and set it via jmx
so it wouldn't require restart to take effect immediately.

>> Jeremy
>>
>> btw I'm trying to do that with my analytics nodes - hadoop jobs fail when cycling
a single cassandra node - might be 2388 I guess.