From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: thrift generated java changes
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:15:40 GMT
On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 22:29 -0400, Joseph Stein wrote:
> right now I just manually put this function back in since it is the
> only thing (well the license too of course) that the generation
> changed from what is in source besides my change required.

I wouldn't worry much about this.  Do the best you can when it comes to
matching thrift compiler to the currently supported version, and then
put any changes to generated files in a separate patch (the important
change here is the IDL).  If the person committing is concerned about
what was generated, then they can always regenerate using their own

Eric Evans

View raw message