From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: thrift generated java changes
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:15:40 GMT
On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 22:29 -0400, Joseph Stein wrote:
> right now I just manually put this function back in since it is the
> only thing (well the license too of course) that the generation
> changed from what is in source besides my change required.

I wouldn't worry much about this.  Do the best you can when it comes to
matching thrift compiler to the currently supported version, and then
put any changes to generated files in a separate patch (the important
change here is the IDL).  If the person committing is concerned about
what was generated, then they can always regenerate using their own
compiler.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com