From Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 0.8.1
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:29:03 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:12, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com> wrote:
> Yes, there has been a change of the messaging server version
> between 0.8.0 and 0.8.1.

Do we hate our users or something?  This is a bad idea.

The whole idea behind CASSANDRA-1015 was that we would reserve changes
like this to major versions.  Putting these kinds of changes into a
dot release (remember--the user isn't expecting trouble) is
destabilizing and is the same kind of process that made 0.7.x
unreliable.

-1 on including CASSANDRA-2280 in 0.8.1.

Gary.