From Joseph Stein <>
Subject No module named cql - nosetests test/system/
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:40:21 GMT
So this is probably the first of a few noob questions and I am happy to
update the Wiki or try to help contribute fixes (if it is not something
stupid I am doing of course) as I learn the answers :)

So by following the

I am getting this error ....

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named cql)
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 382, in loadTestsFromName
    addr.filename, addr.module)
line 39, in importFromPath
    return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
line 86, in importFromDir
    mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
line 26, in <module>
    import cql
ImportError: No module named cql

I followed the steps

new-host-3:source-apache-cassandra joestein$ sudo easy_install nose
Searching for nose
Best match: nose 0.11.4
Processing nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg
nose 0.11.4 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing nosetests-2.6 script to /usr/local/bin
Installing nosetests script to /usr/local/bin

Using /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for nose
Finished processing dependencies for nose

new-host-3:cassandra-trunk joestein$ ant gen-thrift-py
Buildfile: /Users/joestein/source-apache-cassandra/cassandra-trunk/build.xml

     [echo] Generating Thrift Python code from

Total time: 2 seconds

I have not done anything yet with the CQL but will try to figure out later
what I am doing wrong unless someone knows that would be great.

Joe Stein
Twitter: @allthingshadoop <>