From Jason Fager <jfa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CounterColumn as a double
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:33:48 GMT
Longs and Doubles are both 64-bit values and are pretty easily
convertible.  Check out Double.doubleToLongBits and
Double.longBitsToDouble in the JDK; you can also read more about the
details of the conversion and get some pointers to some code in a post
I wrote last year:
http://jasonfager.com/770-lexi-sortable-number-strings/  (the emphasis
is on using doubles in key strings, but it should cover what you
need).