incubator-cassandra-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sylvain Lebresne <>
Subject Re: [ANN] Branched; freeze in effect
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:41:33 GMT
Ok, I know that will sound like I'm already starting to ask for favor,
but would that
be possible to just merge CASSANDRA-2191 and CASSANDRA-2156 to 0.8.
I just committed it to trunk and honestly though the freeze would be
in effect later today.

I do understand we should be strict on the freeze for it to work, but those are
useful patches and part of this not going in in time was due to me sleeping
just before the freeze due to living in a different time zone.


On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Eric Evans <> wrote:
> Ladies and Gents, pursuant with The Plan[1], we have branched[2] and a
> freeze is now in effect.
> First and foremost this means no new features[3].  The idea is to
> release in 4 weeks, which will be here before you know it.  We need the
> bug count to trend downward, which will be difficult enough without
> feature/scope-creep.
> We also need to maintain compatibility. I believe it is very important
> that we set this expectation for our betas. If users feel certain that
> each is unarguably more release-ready than the last, and that it is
> reasonably straightforward to upgrade from one to the next, (including
> the final), then we should see more serious testing during these
> periods.
> The upshots are that anything you didn't get in only needs to wait ~4
> months, and trunk is still open for business (so go nuts).
> I'd like to get going on the first beta as soon as possible, (this week
> would be great).  If you know of issues that should be dealt with before
> that happens, please let me know.
> Thanks everyone!
> [1]:
> [2]:
> [3]: Common-sense / consensus will prevail, of course.
> --
> Eric Evans

View raw message