From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Cluster with JMX
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:11:06 GMT
If you're using 0.7, I'd skip jmx and use the mx4j http interface then
write scripts that convert the data to the format you need.

-ryan

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Roland Gude <roland.gude@yoochoose.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately not, as the nagios JMX check expects a numeric return value and only allows
for defining thresholds for issuing warnings or errors depending on that value. It does not
allow for post processing the return values.

> roland

JMX attributes which expose the list of reachable/unreachable hosts, it would be very helpful
to have additional numeric attributes exposing the size of these lists. This could be used
to set thresholds (in Nagios monitoring) i.e. at least 3 hosts must be reachable before Nagios
issues a warning.
> This is probably not hard to do and we are willing to implement/supply patches if someone
could point us in the right direction on where to implement it.

--
-@rk