From Jonathan Shook <jsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintenance releases
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:54:18 GMT
As a user, this sounds like great news. To see the consensus on this
issue is reassuring.

For me, release stability and planning are more important that new
features. I would rather wait longer for the features if it means I'm
getting a solid release. It would be great if there were some clearing
of the air with respect to release discipline going forward.  Granted,
there was a time when everybody expected there to be hard and fast
changes, as Cassandra was relatively new on the landscape. I think we
are past that expectation now, or at least to the knee of the curve.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Jeremy Hanna
<jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> strong unbinding +1 :)
>
> I think that there were several lessons learned in the 0.6.x line about walking that
line.  Wrt regression testing, hopefully the distributed tests (thanks Stu and Kelvin and
others!) will act as a core for something like that.  I would imagine that heavy loads can
be utilized in there as well.