From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Cluster with JMX
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:31:31 GMT
Can't you get the length of the list on the monitoring side of things ?

aaron
On 08 Feb, 2011,at 10:25 PM, Roland Gude <roland.gude@yoochoosecom> wrote:

Hello,

we are trying to monitor our cassandra cluster with Nagios JMX checks. While there are JMX
attributes which expose the list of reachable/unreachable hosts, it would be very helpful
to have additional numeric attributes exposing the size of these lists. This could be used
to set thresholds (in Nagios monitoring) i.e. at least 3 hosts must be reachable before Nagios
issues a warning.
This is probably not hard to do and we are willing to implement/supply patches if someone
could point us in the right direction on where to implement it.

Greetings,
roland

--
YOOCHOOSE GmbH

Roland Gude
Software Engineer

Im Mediapark 8, 50670 Köln

+49 221 4544151 (Tel)
+49 221 4544159 (Fax)
+49 171 7894057 (Mobil)

Email: roland.gude@yoochoose.com
WWW: www.yoochoose.com<http://www.yoochoose.com/>

YOOCHOOSE GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Uwe Alkemper, Michael Friedmann
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Köln HRB 65275
Ust-Ident-Nr: DE 264 773 520
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln