From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: CQL status
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:46:08 GMT
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Courtney Robinson <> wrote:
> ?Having been pointed to
> I wanted to know what the state of that was.
> Eric Evans said changes had been pushed to SVN, can I check out the latest
> head and play with it?

> Looking at the comments, if its not too late here's my 2cents.

These were both addressed in the 1704 design, by the time we were done
with it. :)

> In the proposal there was ASC and DESC on the end of the query template, assuming here
that this implies being able to sort records.

There is ASC and DESC but not ORDER BY, so it is only taking advantage
of the "natural" sort order.

> Being able to use an SQL like syntax should be a matter of convenience and only where
it will not force incompatibilities.

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra