From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: API pages on the wiki
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:55:12 GMT
> ^ I like that idea.  Make it a landing page that points to the other
> versions (trunk, 07, 06, etc.).

RIght. The main downside I can think of is that you don't get the
annotated nature of the current API page where you can read what is
true now while simultaneously getting a sense of when new features
were introduced.

But my feeling is that it is better to have single versions of
documentation that is more realistic to maintain, than de-normalizing
it. Theoretically one should optimize for the reader rather than the
writer, but on the theory that out-of-date/incorrect documentation is
worse than the user having to read two versions to get a sense of
differences, it seems to make sense.

--
/ Peter Schuller