From Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-tenancy, and authentication and authorization
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:44:35 GMT
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM, indika kumara <indika@apache.org> wrote:

> *Multi-tenancy*
>
> I noticed that you are implementing multi-tenancy [1].  Could you please
> guess that how long it would take to finish to the remaining work? I would
> like to contribute to that. However, I am a newbie to the Cassandra.
> Therefore, I do not know how much time it may take to do such a
> contribution.

I think it's safe to say that effort is now dead.  Everyone who cared about
it has changed employers.

Would it be possible to support multi-tenancy (work around) with existing
> implementation?

Yes, doing it in the application layer is the only thing that makes sense to
me right now.  Having a few hundred memtables isn't reasonable.

-Brandon