From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Publish cassandra-0.7.0-rc4 to maven central repository.
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:50:03 GMT
As I am not a cassandra committer I'd rather do the promotion with a vote.

There are two staging repositories:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-065/

Which contains the dependencies which are not available in the maven central
repository (libthrift and avro... actually these are slightly tweaked as
jars with both .java and .class files can cause problems for people when
compiling code, so I have stripped out the .java files and rebuilt)

The second staging repository is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-064/

This contains the actual cassandra jars.

I have given these the GAV of org.apache.cassandra:cassandra-all:0.7.0-rc4
for two reasons:
1. There will be eventually cassandra-thrift-server, cassandra-core,
cassandra-thrift-client, etc [not committing to how they will be split out,
but the point is that they will be split out] so a -all.jar makes most
naming sense in this case
2. Also don't want to conflict with the riptano GAV coordinates as there is
a 0.7.0-rc4 already.

Attached is the patch I am using to publish the cassandra jars:

Vote will be open for 72 hours and will proceed by lazy consensus.

-Stephen