From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Publish cassandra-0.7.0-rc4 to maven central repository.
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:12:54 GMT

So, for clarification, you're holding this vote for the 7.0 rc4
artifacts because the build.xml changes are as-of-yet uncommitted (and
too late for 7.0).  Once our build system has caught up, this is
something we'll be able to do after a successful release vote, and using
the same artifacts.  Is that right?

Also, the `pom' target in your patch fails for me with:

Thanks again for working on this Stephen.

On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 20:50 +0000, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> As I am not a cassandra committer I'd rather do the promotion with a vote.
> There are two staging repositories:
> Which contains the dependencies which are not available in the maven central
> repository (libthrift and avro... actually these are slightly tweaked as
> jars with both .java and .class files can cause problems for people when
> compiling code, so I have stripped out the .java files and rebuilt)
> The second staging repository is:
> This contains the actual cassandra jars.
> I have given these the GAV of org.apache.cassandra:cassandra-all:0.7.0-rc4
> for two reasons:
> 1. There will be eventually cassandra-thrift-server, cassandra-core,
> cassandra-thrift-client, etc [not committing to how they will be split out,
> but the point is that they will be split out] so a -all.jar makes most
> naming sense in this case
> 2. Also don't want to conflict with the riptano GAV coordinates as there is
> a 0.7.0-rc4 already.
> Attached is the patch I am using to publish the cassandra jars:
> Vote will be open for 72 hours and will proceed by lazy consensus.
> -Stephen

Eric Evans

View raw message