From Bjorn Borud <bbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing confusion around client libraries
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 00:50:27 GMT
Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> writes:

> I'd be +1 for establishing objective criteria for listing libraries on
> our wiki, but opposed to having the Apache Cassandra project declare
> something Official.

to be brutally honest, the problem would be bruised egos (which can be
dangerous) but it would be a temporary problem -- and after that it
would most likely be the best option of the Cassandra project in the
long term.

I fully agree with Jonathan that the client situation is confusing and I
think that his point about people having to make decisions *before*
having a qualified opinion is key. (thanks for articulating what I was
thinking, Jonathan!).

-Bjørn