From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coordinated testing for 0.7
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:18:08 GMT
Perhaps the time could be better spent trying to beef up the integration tests and looking
for ways to root out potential regressions...

Back in September a handful of us in the Austin/San Antonio area did an Avro hackathon to
get functional parity between thrift and avro.  I wonder if there could be a day set aside
to do something to contribute to testing out 0.7 - unit/integration test additions would be
beneficial long-term.

Anyway, it could be coordinated by one or a small number of people so that there isn't duplication
- something like that.

I know several have spent long hours already making it solid.  Just trying to brainstorm ways
to get some additional good contributions in the core for making for a more solid 0.7.0 release.

Again...  any thoughts?

On Dec 1, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Jeremy Hanna wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a coordinated plan for testing the 0.7 release.  I realize
that testing is ultimately up to the individual team.  However, with 0.7 there are a _lot_
of significant changes and I wondered if there was interest in coordinating efforts to do
more extensive testing above and beyond the integration tests and things built into the source
tree currently.