From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing confusion around client libraries
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:54:21 GMT
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Paul Brown <paulrbrown@gmail.com> wrote:
> One way that this could be accomplished with a relatively even hand is to ensure that
the relative liveliness of the client libraries is apparent on the page, e.g., a most recent
release date, the target language (and potentially any additional decoration like Spring or
Rails or...), and a list of versions of Cassandra supported.

This gives the users a little more information, but still leaves it up
to each one to evaluate indpendently.  (Again, I stress that they have
to do this evaluation at a point when they are not well-equipped to do
so.)

> Or a vendor who wanted Cassandra-related traffic could post a client registry backed
by a simple database...

:)

Backing it with a database doesn't solve the evaluation problem, though.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra