From Zhijie Shen <zjshe...@gmail.com>
Subject One Code Organization Puzzle From A Newbie
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:21:26 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a graduate student from NUS, and am interested in Cassandra project.
Recently, I began to get familiar with this project and wish to deliver some
contribution to it if possible. Therefore, I wonder whether a student with
little open source experience is welcome here or not.

Currently, I'm going through the codes to have a big picture of this
project. I happened to find a issue with the code organization:
A bunch of avro codes in ${basedir}/interface/avro/gen-java are generated
when building the project. However, these codes are neither compiled nor
packed in the source release package. So, what are these codes for? I don't
see the avro-based client for Cassandra.

Regards,
Zhijie

--
Zhijie Shen