From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Coordinated testing for 0.7
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 04:49:01 GMT
I'd be happy to host a hackathon at Twitter HQ in SF for this. Anyone
interested in that?

-ryan

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1234@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the time could be better spent trying to beef up the integration tests and looking
for ways to root out potential regressions...

> Back in September a handful of us in the Austin/San Antonio area did an Avro hackathon
to get functional parity between thrift and avro.  I wonder if there could be a day set aside
to do something to contribute to testing out 0.7 - unit/integration test additions would be
beneficial long-term.

> Anyway, it could be coordinated by one or a small number of people so that there isn't
duplication - something like that.

> I know several have spent long hours already making it solid.  Just trying to brainstorm
ways to get some additional good contributions in the core for making for a more solid 0.7.0
release.

> Again...  any thoughts?
>
> On Dec 1, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Jeremy Hanna wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there was a coordinated plan for testing the 0.7 release.  I
realize that testing is ultimately up to the individual team.  However, with 0.7 there are
a _lot_ of significant changes and I wondered if there was interest in coordinating efforts
to do more extensive testing above and beyond the integration tests and things built into
the source tree currently.

>> I think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-874 is also relevant for
furthering the integration tests.