From Eric Evans <>
Subject Avro RPC?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:00:53 GMT

So, Avro RPC.  Is anyone using this?  Is there anyone interested in
seeing it maintained?

I'm concentrating on CQL[1][2], which for me will culminate in the
creation of a new, application-specific transport, one that doesn't use
either of the frameworks.  To me, the existing RPC framework is just
something to piggy-back on until things are otherwise working, and I'm
starting to think Thrift might be a better piggy here (read: it has more

TTBMK, the Avro RPC interface seems to be "mostly" working at present,
but it's already looking a bit like the proverbial red headed stepchild.
Or am I wrong and there are people who care deeply about this?

Eric Evans

View raw message