From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Any chance of getting cassandra releases published to repo1.maven.org?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:26:00 GMT
On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 05:51 +0000, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> The binaries in the lib folder, is there any objection to piling them
> down from the maven central repository via ivy if they are available
> on the maven central repository?

We're obligated to redistribute these jars according to the terms of the
respective licenses.  That could mean including a copy of the license,
attribution, or both.  We've stopped short of pulling these down with
ivy because it's a dynamic process, with no programmatic way of
obtaining terms, attribution, etc.

> For those that are not on central, can I assume that legal has ok'ed
> they're redistribution if they are not originating at apache?

We're complying with the terms of redistribution in binary form, to the
best of my knowledge.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com