From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: Any chance of getting cassandra releases published to
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 03:40:22 GMT
On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 23:44 +0000, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking to see if I could find the cassandra jars on the maven
> central repository ( but I see that they are not there
> ( -> 404 not found)
> So I had a quick search of the mailing lists and this was what I found:
> I will hereby put my head above the parapet: I am willing to "support
> mvn users, respond to the jira tickets they generate, and send patches
> to the committers."
> Just to be clear, I do not want to change your build from ant to
> maven. I just want to see the artifacts published to the maven central
> repository so that people using maven/gradle/etc (i.e. all the build
> tools that pull jars from the maven central repository) can easily use
> cassandra.
> Do you want my help, and if so where do you want me to start?

So first off, you should know that Riptano hosts a maven repo.  It's not
an official project resource, and it's not hosted on Apache
infrastructure, but it should do the job.

If that's not Good Enough and you want Official support, then personally
I'd be agreeable to a solution that published directly from ant, or at
the very least, generated a pom.xml in the build target, and removed it
on clean.

I have little faith at this point that maintaining a pom.xml is going to
work for us.

Eric Evans

View raw message